Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Changes

It is so unbelievable how quickly things can change. You can get so comfortable in life, in situations and time passes you by. You blink and then what you once knew, is now gone.
    We started off the summer with a bang! Going to Wilmington and having a wonderful mini-vacation that I and my family will never forget! When we returned to the "real world" boy things were turned upside down. I am not going to really get into details here regarding this, but just to say that things have been difficult. My mother is now living with us, her marriage is over. We were all blindsided by this outcome, especially her. She will move on..she is the strongest person I know. What won't break you only makes you stronger, well that saying describes her to a T! She will survive and move on.
   On another note, we are ever so happy to have her here with us. We are getting her set-up in a "cottage" right beside our house, so she will have her own space and her own little house. It's going to be very cute and that is helping her cope with all the changes. The kids love having their nana here with us.
    This past weekend we had a big heartbreak. I can barely even talk/type about it, it still hurts my heart. My mom's beloved dog, "PoohBear" passed on, unexpectedly. It made for an awful 4th of July weekend for us, unlike the usual fun we always try to have as a family. I couldn't smile, no matter how hard I tried. Mom went and got another puppy, same breed, but looks completely different and we have embraced him "Bentley" with love. He doesn't "replace" PoohBear, no dog would, but it does help having a new little one around. Mom had PoohBear since Austin was just a baby. We will all miss him and always cherish our time with him. Pets really become a part of your family. This was just another hard hurdle for us right now.
    To the people who chose to read my blog, please just keep my mom in your prayers right now. I am not trying to put all of our family business out there, I write what I chose to share. Right now, she could use some extra prayers and support. I appreciate your time, reading what I have to write about. Things have been tough lately so it has been difficult to think about writing and sharing anything, but I know things will get better.
    We have so much to be grateful for and so many blessings in our life and I am so very thankful for them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment