Sunday, May 15, 2011

Introduction- Duke & I

My Sweet Hubby

This all started with just He and I. I was living in Kentucky and working at the newspaper, Duke was here in Georgia, working in construction and at a Group Home. A year earlier, I had come to Rome for a weekend visit with my mom. My boyfriend at the time was with me. We went over to my mom's boyfriends (at the time) to get together and sing a bit. Dewey had taken up singing and singing has always been a passion of mine. A short while later, a new friend of Dewey's stopped in. This was the very first time Duke and I met each other. We were both with significant others. That night, we sang and had a great time. Honestly all I thought was he was a good singer and really nice. We left and went back to Kentucky and life went on as usual. My boyfriend and I split up shortly after that and I moved in a little house by myself. It was nice being single and being on my own. I was 22 and life was good! Everything except that I had no family in Kentucky. I was missing my mom. I started visiting her more on weekends. One weekend we ran into Duke again and that was pretty much it! He started calling me and after a little debate (me not wanting a relationship) I eventually gave in and July 1st, 2001,  I moved from Kentucky to Georgia.
   It was so nice being with my mom again and I was very excited about a blossoming relationship. Things with Duke and I progressed pretty fast. We were engaged within a year and married a year and a half after we met.
    To tell you about Duke, he is the sweetest person I have ever known in my life. He is truly someone you can count on. He will always be there for you, always protect you. Love has no boundaries with him, he loves truly. That's what I have always loved so much about him. You never have to guess where you stand with him. He is honest and will let you know. No games. He is super talented. He can sing so beautifully. Anyone that has heard him can let you know I am not exaggerating AT ALL! He is locally famous for singing like Elvis, but ironically it has always been the non-elvis songs that I have loved. My two favorite songs he sings are Only Make Believe and Lady Down on Love. He can also sing some AMAZING gospel! We had the music connection right from the start. I could honestly sit here and write how amazing he is all day! I just am truly blessed to be married to such an amazing man. My rock, my best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment